1.Is the potential applicant an organization (MRG does not fund scholarships or projects by individuals)? Yes or No
2. Is your organization based in and working primarily in Oregon (MRG does not fund out of state groups, even if they are working in Oregon)? Yes or No
3. Is your organization's overall annual budget less than $500,000 (MRG does not fund groups with budgets over $500,000)? Yes or No
If you answered No to any of the first three questions above, you are not eligible for MRG Foundation funding.
4. Building Community Power: Is your group led by and/or accountable to the people who are most directly affected by issues of social, racial, economic and environmental justice? Yes or No
5. Getting at the Root of the problem: Does your organization identify and address the root causes of your social, racial, economic, or environmental justice issues? Yes or No
6. Changing the System: Does your organization mobilize your community to work together to change the political, social and economic policies, systems and institutions that perpetuate in justice? Yes or No
7. Lack Mainstream Support: Does your organization have a hard time accessing mainstream funders because you are too radical, cutting edge or controversial? Yes or No
If you answered No to any of these four questions, you should explore other funding options.
If you answered Yes to ALL of the above questions, please contact MRG’s grants staff (503-234-2338 in Portland or 1-800-489-6743). Groups that have not been funded by MRG Foundation previously must talk to grants staff before an application will be sent.